The Story Of My Life Searching For A Life
Somewhere, somehow I was searching for a life while I lived one.
It began to be an everyday thing to wake up lost and said in the morning.
It began to be an ordinary thing to live in a dream as I dreamed more than reality.
It became a tradition to hate what I never knew why I hated it.
I had began to live a life of lies.
I had began to live in confusion with my day to day dilusions.
I was that woman with mad dreams each day.
That was the day I lost my identity.
That was the day I became a dreamer than who I was.
As I woke up in the morning I realised that all I have ever lived was a dream,
But rather than nothing I will continue the dream...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Story Of My Life Searching For A Life by siphosethu mbananga )
- A Rich Man's World, Fareez Nasir
- PH: Nature: Canoeing the Mississippi #4, Brian Johnston
- Dandelion Dreams, Richard D. Remler
- गोजाननि खौरां, Ronjoy Brahma
- Let us believe, hasmukh amathalal
- Christmas Again, Katherine Nordhaus
- Money, Katherine Nordhaus
- Older, Frank Avon
- A question to seasons, Melikhaya Zagagana
- Languid leman, Melikhaya Zagagana
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- On the Pulse of Morning, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)