Is It Poetry
The Stigma Of Mental Illness
Diabetes no problem.
Heart disease no problem.
broken bones no problem.
Many here are psychotic.
Many here are bipolar.
Many here have not left their
rooms for months.
Many here think the world revolves
Yet your glued to your priest
and cop shows on T.V.
Watching the obviously mentally ill
be victimized by those
with out higher learning.
I cannot replenish intelligence
where none is shown.
Poets are the first to burn with
a passion to do what is right.
We all want a cure for cancer except
for the pharmaceutical companies.
When a brain works unpredictably
or on the sidewalks one walks in your
light there it's dark.
When you see them talking to the sky
you drove past or
they are dressed for winter in summer.
Or you find yourself next to him or her.
You please don't hate me for saying
that you remove yourself from their proximity.
The stigma of mental illness is a horrible thing.
Imagine that you would ask someone with no arms
to open a door and hold it open for you.
Now imagine that same person whoms
mind has been damaged from any hundreds of things.
All the great poets whom suicided now
remove all the words that come to your mind.
Massive gaps in literature is all that you find.
Is It Poetry's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Stigma Of Mental Illness by Is It Poetry )
- Monster, Richard D. Remler
- The Portrait, Edward Kofi Louis
- Taught By Nature, Edward Kofi Louis
- AOA▷오피뷰◁모든 시흥오피 시화오피걸의 모든것 OＰGＡNＤA/ＣOM, sibngnu4 sibngnu4
- L.Messi 오피뷰 시흥오피 KTwiz 시화오피 OＰGＡNＤA/ＣOM .., sibngnu4 sibngnu4
- WHY DOES LOVING YOU FEEL SO WRONG, Mpho Wordsworth Leteng
- Serve Me With Love, Edward Kofi Louis
- Dorian, Edward Kofi Louis
- Alexi, Edward Kofi Louis
- L.Messi 오피뷰 부산오피 KTwiz 분당오피 OＰGＡNＤA/ＣOM .., sibngnu4 sibngnu4
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Angel, William Blake
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- Drummer Hodge, Thomas Hardy
- Bright Star, John Keats
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(1895 - 1985)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(2 June 1840 – 11 January 1928)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)