Babatunde Idowu Ebenezer
The Starry Dreamy Night
Infinitely stretch outside
the fields of green
Stalks of corn gloriously
praising the creator.
With the breeze comes a
feeling so serene.
In the distance, growling like
thunder the voice of the
Oh, starry night stay here for
I can feel the wet spot you
left on my lips
Oh, dreamy dawn give not
sunrise a paternity.
For each your single breath
on my neck my heart leaps.
Oh, I can feel the
illumination of my singing
How wish I to cut through the
realm with steel
And alternate between this
sizzling planet and planet
So that when I see you again
I shall be still.
Listen, starry dreamy night
don't you go away.
Oh, sexton of reality just
halt and wait aday.
Babatunde Idowu Ebenezer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Starry Dreamy Night by Babatunde Idowu Ebenezer )
- The Day Will Come, Mitta Xinindlu
- Unrequited Love, Amber Carr
- Easy It Is To Forget, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Loving Is A Wish, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- just done, Rachelle Langley
- You Sheep I Blame, Rocky Wolfbanger
- Additament Amour Apier, Louis Borgo
- Forgotten Bridge, Tim Labbe
- Left Behind (Poor Are The Poor, M.J Donnchadh
- I Had a Need for Walking, Vera Sidhwa
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)