Babatunde Idowu Ebenezer
The Starry Dreamy Night
Infinitely stretch outside
the fields of green
Stalks of corn gloriously
praising the creator.
With the breeze comes a
feeling so serene.
In the distance, growling like
thunder the voice of the
Oh, starry night stay here for
I can feel the wet spot you
left on my lips
Oh, dreamy dawn give not
sunrise a paternity.
For each your single breath
on my neck my heart leaps.
Oh, I can feel the
illumination of my singing
How wish I to cut through the
realm with steel
And alternate between this
sizzling planet and planet
So that when I see you again
I shall be still.
Listen, starry dreamy night
don't you go away.
Oh, sexton of reality just
halt and wait aday.
Babatunde Idowu Ebenezer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Starry Dreamy Night by Babatunde Idowu Ebenezer )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- unforgettable summer nights, Juwon Daniel
- Wake up! ! !, ramesh rai
- Cinquante, Marilyn Jean
- Tears Of The Moon, val legend
- Tempered, Debra Cranford
- He Was My Flesh, Naveed Akram
- I'll Always Love You, Michael P. McParland
- Wealth, Fame, Sex, Power & Llibido, Tom Zart
- God's Wisdom & Love, Tom Zart
- Zombie Prince, Beatrice Preti