The Soused Bear
The soused bear sat on a ledge mid-river.
the cold, green waves frothed around the rock.
squat on the ledge, its legs formed a wet, furry V.
salmon shot about it like drones from below.
the bear's jaws were lined with yellow, sharp teeth.
the bear's open jaws led backwards towards its gullet.
fish aimed for its jaws, but most of them missed.
them that missed fell soundlessly back in the river.
a few reached its jaws and slid down its gullet.
the few that made it turned themselves into bear fat.
the bear was blasse when the salmon missed their mark.
the bear was pleased when the salmon reached their goal.
the salmon bred, the bear got fed- simple as that.
the fish were thrilled, the river, rocks and sky.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Soused Bear by Morgan Michaels )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- No use to act, hasmukh amathalal
- जागँर, Aayush Pandey
- But, oh, those summer nights...., Manny Furious
- Seppuku, Or: After drinking too much win.., Manny Furious
- On Charles, the gray and white kitten wh.., Manny Furious
- Truth, joe foster
- After work, Manny Furious
- The Problem, Aayush Pandey
- No exit, gajanan mishra
- Contemporary loneliness on a Monday night, Manny Furious