The Sound Of LawnMowers
Neat houses sit side by side
In their neat lines.
The gardens tidy.
Cars gleaming in the summertime.
The sound of lawnmowers
They seem to
Represent these tidy lives.
For all the neatness
Hides the chaos
There is a reason a front door
Has frosted glass.
Nobody gets to see inside
Not even the occupants
They do not want to be reminded
They try to ignore
For behind the perfect cut grass
Is a sham of a life.
A glass of wine
Never seems to empty
Only appears to be
Just the one
A beer bottle
Always in hand
Behind in the back garden
The blue bin hides many secrets.
The perfect lawn.
The more things they
Bought in pursuit
Of what they thought
They should have
The more their happiness crumbled away.
Not much point having
If you are not comfortable in the life
You sit upon.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Sound Of LawnMowers by Denver Gabriel )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Soap And Skin, Edward Kofi Louis
- LOVE الحب, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Lard, Edward Kofi Louis
- The Road to Silence, John F. McCullagh
- UH-1 Iroquois, Kyle Schlicher
- Owl-Moon Night & The Rickshaw-puller, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Sagacious Senryus, Diane Hine
- A miner 49er (golden dreams), Monk E. Biz
- SATELLITE MOUTHS, alexander opicho
- Praying A Relief, Amitava Sur