Hamza Al Saieedy
The Song Of Rose
Rose, Oh rose! burning red,
Stolen bright which we fed!
In her eye you could shine,
Rose! Oh Rose! you are mine!
Sign of love, rose and dove!
Days of dull you had shove.
Charming view, flowing scent,
Your beauty we have lent!
Moon’s bright or candle light,
I can write in your sight!
Beauty rise from your name,
In my hand as the flame!
Through her hair it might land!
The sweet rose in my hand.
Lovely grace we replace!
Pretty Rose! near her face.
Tearful Rose! as you seem,
Send us more of your beam.
Rose! oh Rose! burning red!
Stolen bright which we fed..
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (The Song Of Rose by Hamza Al Saieedy )
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(1644 - 1694)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Three Kings, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Psalm of Life, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Died Eagle, Nassy Fesharaki
- Calm Days'll Arrive, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Aches Of Mermen, Naveed Akram
- Wash Out, Tina Chan
- Lucid Awake Changing Dreams, Is It Poetry
- Never Easy To Make, Tina Chan
- Sorry, Tina Chan
- Let us go, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- ~Hell On Earth Is Art In Heaven~, E Nigma
- BABIES LOVE, Christina Sunrise