Bijay Kant Dubey
The Small Sister Waiting For The Brother To Tie A Rakhi On The Wrist of Her Brother
A small sister waiting,
Waiting for the brother to come home
And to tie a colourful wrist band
On the hand of the brother,
Whose arrival is awaited
So much so earnestly.
The brother will come
Dressed in new clothes,
The sister will come with a dish
Into the hands of hers
With a candle burning,
Sweets and flowers.
She will round the light
Around the head,
Will paste a red vermillion spot
On the forehead of the brother,
Make him eat sweets and drink water
And pray for his longevity.
The brother too in return
Will give some money to the sister,
Such a bonding,
Where to find, where to get from,
You the brother, forget her not,
Forget not your sister when far from her.
Bijay Kant Dubey's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Small Sister Waiting For The Brother To Tie A Rakhi On The Wrist of Her Brother by Bijay Kant Dubey )
Did you read them?
- Title Of A Poem, Naveed Khalid
- मेरे रब मेरे ही होना!, Aftab Alam
- On Valentine, Naveed Khalid
- The Ghost and the Darkness, Ima Ryma
- Bermuda's Triangle, Naveed Khalid
- खुद के साये से भी डरने लगा हूँ, Aftab Alam
- Evening, Naveed Khalid
- Pravasi Lokam, Arun Narayanan nileshwar
- What a scene, hasmukh amathalal
- Pastoral, Naveed Khalid