The sinking boat
The sun had closed the winter day
While the boat was shaking at the sight of nowhere,
Waves were so high, made everything shudder,
A burning ray of Fear pierced her heart; pushing life away,
Its likeness is not found in sea or air.
She grabbed the gunwale of the boat so close
With her trembling heart, both, in one hand,
Looked here and there; searching for a creature of any kind
To share her wounded feelings,
She was met with closed eyes of all around.
Before her eyes, life was near a close
Flashes of ruined life crossed her head,
Like the gray face of a winter cloud
That shadowed her mind and soul, both,
She felt the freezing of her heart's blood.
In a moment of death, she was offered a chance to live;
Colors of distant island flashed to her withered eyes
Lighted beneath the moon's pale beams,
She dreamed of wings to fly, in another chance did believe,
Found nothing, but her shivering feeble arms.
She closed her eyes, so tight, opened her heart to cry,
Felt warmth within a tender embrace,
Wrapped her within his wings,
Like a passing thought, she fled away
From the island, she glanced the boat sinking in unknown depths.
inas essa's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The sinking boat by inas essa )
- We Need The Truth, Edward Kofi Louis
- To Praise You, Edward Kofi Louis
- A gift of God, ABHIPSA TRIPATHY
- As One Breathes The Air, Edward Kofi Louis
- Unilateral, Edward Kofi Louis
- Never Feeling Love, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- To The Gates Of Hell, Edward Kofi Louis
- The house where the wife lives like an i.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Ek Lafz Ek Rishta, Bano Ali
- THE PATRIOT, Justice Uchenna Mmahi