The Singing Bird
There is a sad lonely bird,
Who lives continents apart,
She sings melodious songs,
That enchant my heart.
Pouring her soul into her songs,
She loves singing at her free will
I wonder if she ever notices me,
Always all ears, to admire her skill.
There is no problem whatsoever,
As long as I keep listening to her.
The moment I ask her a question,
Off she goes into a hibernation,
And never bothers to answer!
21 March 2014
Khairul Ahsan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Singing Bird by Khairul Ahsan )
Did you read them?
- God Is Light, Gbolagade Taiwo
- Welcome Autumn, Abdullah alHemaidy
- shadow of life, Abdullah alHemaidy
- Obstacle Race, anujan raja
- Death wish, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- Through crisis, hasmukh amathalal
- Beyond the curve, SALINI NAIR
- Hold Your Zip, Gbolagade Taiwo
- Swans (Haiku), Toshie Nohara
- Parents need good parenting., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
Poem of the Day
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)