The Shadow Run
Don't let the shadow run your life
The one you left behind.
Remember you are the one out front
You can change the shadow from within the mind.
A man that runs from his own shadow
And accuses it of being someone else
Has not accepted the depth of who he is
And realize the shadow is only himself.
To clear the shadows of the past
Is never to live them again
And although the shadow still follows close
It knows it will never win.
Cecelia Weir's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Shadow Run by Cecelia Weir )
- Grammar School, Edward Kofi Louis
- Ephratha, Nathalie Handal
- First Sight., Bieze Josephat
- Gaza City, Nathalie Handal
- The safety., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Limerick-35, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- no more love story, The Princess is
- Illogical, Margaret Moran
- Want, The Princess is
- The Passing of the Lord, Translation of .., T (no first name) Wignesan
Poem of the Day
- Mid-Term Break, Seamus Heaney
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- avenues america, rwetewrt erwtwer
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)