The Shadow Run
Don't let the shadow run your life
The one you left behind.
Remember you are the one out front
You can change the shadow from within the mind.
A man that runs from his own shadow
And accuses it of being someone else
Has not accepted the depth of who he is
And realize the shadow is only himself.
To clear the shadows of the past
Is never to live them again
And although the shadow still follows close
It knows it will never win.
Cecelia Weir's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Shadow Run by Cecelia Weir )
- Sips through lips, Aftab Alam
- The Mature Woman 2, Tex T Sarnie
- Invitation for Re - Opening Ceremony!, sisirachandra vaduge
- Unbarreled Gun, Edwin Cordero
- Thread of thought, Roann Mendriq
- Baking Bread, Roann Mendriq
- Completion, White Lily
- Tears, Michael McParland
- Spin of a coin, Tribhawan Kaul
- Knowing Fragments, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(6 January 1878 – 22 July 1967)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)