The Shadow Of Death
...Tonight a mist blankets...
Veiling graves; of woman, man, and child.
The scent of decay, blood and disease.
Scurrying Rats squeak and nibble...
...Silence deafens this place...
Ominous trees intimidate the living.
This place of death, cold, and stone.
Rusted iron gates, loud and old...
...Sadness, and fear skitter within...
Old tombstones; herald the bones of long gone.
Here in lie the dead, and their forgotten names.
Crows, and Raven, forever watch this place,
Devouring the flesh that claws to the surface...
...Whispering wind, chatters to itself...
Wet ground from rain, dies to become mud.
Pale statues; sentinels for the deceased...
Snow lightly falls, covering these mausoleums,
that the dead call home.
Plagues ravage the living, feeding the yards,
that we soon go...
...'In this place the dead call home, we all hail to the Reaper song'...
Morgan Siegel's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Shadow Of Death by Morgan Siegel )
- Respect the truth, men, gajanan mishra
- Respect truth, gajanan mishra
- Reunion, Ron Slate
- Save Your Questions, David Griebel
- Comfort, Alexandra Motschmann
- ISIS and Anti-terror victory, Alexandra Motschmann
- Strange Coincidence, Khairul Ahsan
- THE WRINKLED YOUNG LADY, Visato Kiso
- The Preacher's Wife, Effie Waller Smith
- The Light of Day, David Griebel
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- On the Pulse of Morning, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)
- Heather Burns
(November 9 - 1937)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)