the selfless rain in our life..Dear Father!
Rain never benefits from raining, though the process is tough,
Lonely clouds gather and collide up above the sky with trough,
Competition is tough, when the harsh reality wind blows rough,
Floating alone or in crowd with one aim at the loving hearts,
Providing the life giving sky juice to the livings on earth,
Fathers, you are all as the rain, upgrading ancestral paths,
The gathering of clouds end up in raining with gala fun,
But we see you all in salt, fresh and polluted water Tins,
What have we done to you all, dear fathers of the human,
Vibrant and the most intelligent fathers of the animal kingdom,
What have we done to you all for your generous affection,
Except showing our gratitude in colorful flowers, that bloom,
Bounties of grains, pulses and the tall trees that groom,
The mother earth as your bride, Father, you are all selfless rain,
We, the children of your bride, will never let you down,
So you run in our body as the life giving elixir, still sacrificing,
Father, we love you, all, each and every one of you, hard striving.
Let us float on you gently, Father, don't create under current,
our family boat has the safe journey when you are happy and sound.
Happy Father's Day! !
veeraiyah subbulakshmi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (the selfless rain in our life..Dear Father! by veeraiyah subbulakshmi )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Odia Poem- To Apekshyare mu, Jitendra seth
- आंनि बोरै गोरोन्थि जाखो, Ronjoy Brahma
- Odia Poem- JHADA, Jitendra seth
- Gratitude, Mallika Achuthan Menon
- My Thoughts, Michael P. McParland
- Impact of snow climate., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- My limbs, gajanan mishra
- PARUI POLICE BRUTALITY, Bireswar Halder
- Sacred Kailas, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- VIRTUAL POET FRIENDS, Philo Yan