the selfless rain in our life..Dear Father!
Rain never benefits from raining, though the process is tough,
Lonely clouds gather and collide up above the sky with trough,
Competition is tough, when the harsh reality wind blows rough,
Floating alone or in crowd with one aim at the loving hearts,
Providing the life giving sky juice to the livings on earth,
Fathers, you are all as the rain, upgrading ancestral paths,
The gathering of clouds end up in raining with gala fun,
But we see you all in salt, fresh and polluted water Tins,
What have we done to you all, dear fathers of the human,
Vibrant and the most intelligent fathers of the animal kingdom,
What have we done to you all for your generous affection,
Except showing our gratitude in colorful flowers, that bloom,
Bounties of grains, pulses and the tall trees that groom,
The mother earth as your bride, Father, you are all selfless rain,
We, the children of your bride, will never let you down,
So you run in our body as the life giving elixir, still sacrificing,
Father, we love you, all, each and every one of you, hard striving.
Let us float on you gently, Father, don't create under current,
our family boat has the safe journey when you are happy and sound.
Happy Father's Day! !
veeraiyah subbulakshmi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (the selfless rain in our life..Dear Father! by veeraiyah subbulakshmi )
Did you read them?
- A thight rope, Alem Hailu Gabre Kristos
- Snake charmers in villages., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Frog in the Well, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- जिउनि दाइरियाव,2012, Ronjoy Brahma
- Prolixity., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- The Chance, Michael McParland
- Going Home, Douglas McClarty
- I AM THE DRAGON, Philo Yan
- Let us welcome, hasmukh amathalal
- First In My Life, Latha Krishnan
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Character, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Talking Turkeys!, Benjamin Zephaniah
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)