The Seasons Of Our Love
We missed each other's Springtime
because we were elsewhere.
Then Summer came, and left again
and still you were not there.
Soft Autumn, with its mellow tones
became our own lives' Spring,
We savoured it, and dreamed our dreams
of what each day would bring.
There seemed so many happy days
ahead for us to share,
We gave no thought to Winter
– but on a sudden it was there...
And all too soon we realised
the life we loved was gone,
The mists rolled in,
the dark clouds brought
the cold and driving rain.
You left –
I can but shelter...
and hope we meet again.
Richard Trembath's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Seasons Of Our Love by Richard Trembath )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Difference, hasmukh amathalal
- Own earth own life, gajanan mishra
- My Girl, Dasia Deas
- Silent Messages, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- the old man is bitten, RIC S. BASTASA
- ....and then an empty morning sky, RIC S. BASTASA
- Magnitude Of Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- At present, hasmukh amathalal
- and then the night swallows her includin.., RIC S. BASTASA
- Cupid Pari, binod bastola