The same smell
The same smell
The same faint light
The same stillness
The same far delight.
I can feel failure everywhere
Trying to grab me to nowhere, I know its signs
For I lived through it before,
And don’t want to taste anymore its bitterness.
Black curtains, blackness my sight
Shadowing any hope,
Radiating bad memories, finishing me off from inside
That never stops.
I try to escape,
Running here and there,
Shouting and screaming,
To break such nightmare.
For over my sight,
I can see something waving from a distance,
It is not clear, trying to hide
But still I can barely glance.
It is my dream like a mirage
Flying far away,
I run so fast to catch
By all my strength and energy.
Screaming with all my force;
'Please don't leave me,
Come here, I am not the same person,
Who used to fear.
I am not that defeated one,
I experienced being lost
From now I will try on
Don't leave me alone like a nut
I promise, I will follow you till the end.'
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The same smell by inas essa )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Young people, hasmukh amathalal
- The lesson, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Animal Rights(A Surrogate Hen), U Win Kyi
- Violence in silence, Mokhtari Houssam eddine
- Conscience, Ruth Manning-Sanders
- Compassionate Bondage, Monk E. Biz
- Flowers on my feet, Cigeng Zhang
- what do you think, Edgar Stevenson
- Poem: Let Me Touch His Garment, Joseph James Breunig 3rd
- Genre-Free Nights Nine 74, Anne Tardos