The same smell
The same smell
The same faint light
The same stillness
The same far delight.
I can feel failure everywhere
Trying to grab me to nowhere, I know its signs
For I lived through it before,
And don’t want to taste anymore its bitterness.
Black curtains, blackness my sight
Shadowing any hope,
Radiating bad memories, finishing me off from inside
That never stops.
I try to escape,
Running here and there,
Shouting and screaming,
To break such nightmare.
For over my sight,
I can see something waving from a distance,
It is not clear, trying to hide
But still I can barely glance.
It is my dream like a mirage
Flying far away,
I run so fast to catch
By all my strength and energy.
Screaming with all my force;
'Please don't leave me,
Come here, I am not the same person,
Who used to fear.
I am not that defeated one,
I experienced being lost
From now I will try on
Don't leave me alone like a nut
I promise, I will follow you till the end.'
inas essa's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The same smell by inas essa )
- The Truest Love., Achill Ladd
- Points made between waves, Mark Heathcote
- ignus fatuus or sketches of my past?, Mandolyn ...
- Black Wings, Lilly Emery
- United we Stand Divided we fall, Aftab Alam
- Beauty, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Come Home, Richard Provencher
- Like our dream, Aftab Alam
- A puppet in times hand, Aftab Alam
- Nature's arts., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)