The same smell
The same smell
The same faint light
The same stillness
The same far delight.
I can feel failure everywhere
Trying to grab me to nowhere, I know its signs
For I lived through it before,
And don’t want to taste anymore its bitterness.
Black curtains, blackness my sight
Shadowing any hope,
Radiating bad memories, finishing me off from inside
That never stops.
I try to escape,
Running here and there,
Shouting and screaming,
To break such nightmare.
For over my sight,
I can see something waving from a distance,
It is not clear, trying to hide
But still I can barely glance.
It is my dream like a mirage
Flying far away,
I run so fast to catch
By all my strength and energy.
Screaming with all my force;
'Please don't leave me,
Come here, I am not the same person,
Who used to fear.
I am not that defeated one,
I experienced being lost
From now I will try on
Don't leave me alone like a nut
I promise, I will follow you till the end.'
inas essa's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The same smell by inas essa )
- 거제 ANMA (ANMA) ☏０１０♭４８６７♭７５８２●거제도 MASSAJE, sdfg wgwq weqwsf
- 거제(거제도) ANMA℡０１０↘２１７８↘９５０５↘거제 MASSAJE, sdfg wgwq weqwsf
- 거제도 MASSAJE⊙０１０◈４８３１◈３２１１⊙거제 ANMA, sdfg wgwq weqwsf
- 거제도 ANMA¿０１０¿５９３３¿０４３７¿거제 ANMA, sdfg wgwq weqwsf
- 거제 ANMA MASSAJE 010 ５９４６ ０３７７거제(거제도) ANMA, sdfg wgwq weqwsf
- 거제(거제도) ANMA》０１０ ４８６７ ７５８２《거제(거제) ANMA, sdfg wgwq weqwsf
- 통영 ANMA (ANMA) ☏０１０♭４８６７♭７５８２●통영 MASSAJE, sdfg wgwq weqwsf
- 통영(통영) ANMA℡０１０↘２１７８↘９５０５↘통영 MASSAJE, sdfg wgwq weqwsf
- 통영 MASSAJE⊙０１０◈４８３１◈３２１１⊙통영 ANMA, sdfg wgwq weqwsf
- 통영 ANMA¿０１０¿５９３３¿０４３７¿통영 ANMA, sdfg wgwq weqwsf
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Success After Falls, Varun Silva
- Farewell Love and All Thy Laws Forever, Sir Thomas Wyatt
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Heather Burns
- Garrett Westcott
(3rd April 19sixty)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)