The same smell
The same smell
The same faint light
The same stillness
The same far delight.
I can feel failure everywhere
Trying to grab me to nowhere, I know its signs
For I lived through it before,
And don’t want to taste anymore its bitterness.
Black curtains, blackness my sight
Shadowing any hope,
Radiating bad memories, finishing me off from inside
That never stops.
I try to escape,
Running here and there,
Shouting and screaming,
To break such nightmare.
For over my sight,
I can see something waving from a distance,
It is not clear, trying to hide
But still I can barely glance.
It is my dream like a mirage
Flying far away,
I run so fast to catch
By all my strength and energy.
Screaming with all my force;
'Please don't leave me,
Come here, I am not the same person,
Who used to fear.
I am not that defeated one,
I experienced being lost
From now I will try on
Don't leave me alone like a nut
I promise, I will follow you till the end.'
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The same smell by inas essa )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
- A Homage To The Freedom Fighters Of India, Raja Basu
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- A Dance Is A Poem Gesturted Through, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Salvage, appiah japheth
- Sitting In The Park, Paul Gerard Reed
- I wish for peace and not war pieces, Juwon Daniel
- Life is more than anything else, gajanan mishra
- DJ, The Making of A DJ, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Innocent heart, Bijay Kant Dubey
- I'll Be Here, Michael P. McParland
- Kitchen Charade, Nicole C Esbach
- &, Nicole C Esbach