The Safe Ones
You can’t tell the Safe Ones
by the color of their skin,
their race, country, religion
or family into which they were born.
You can only tell them by the gentleness
of their soul, the softness of their manner,
the calmness of their voice, the purity of
their mind and the love within their heart.
The Safe Ones are born into every culture,
clime and clan. They are the sugar that
sweetens life, they are the spice
that enlivens creativity. They are
the nurturers of ideas and the
keepers of hope. They are the
lovers of natures gifts.
As you pass through this life take care
not to be crippled by the blindness of
prejudice. But continue on your path
with eyes wide open. Never allowing
the cold winds of this world to slam
shut the door of your mind and heart.
Lest you cross the path of one of
these Safe Ones and miss the blessing
of their sacred friendship.
Lynne FincherSpringarden's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Safe Ones by Lynne FincherSpringarden )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Somtimes, tallulah montegue
- I cannot Forget You, tallulah montegue
- Haiku: Gravity Too, Brian Johnston
- Little Secret, Edgard Canales P
- Ebola, Is It Poetry
- Last Journey, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Cat Nap..., Denis Martindale
- Blasphemy Is Light Which Beacons The Pat.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Tall One, tallulah montegue
- to be continued..., Mandolyn ...