The Sad Life
pretending to be happy when deep
down inside your dying.
Lying to your friends about how you feel
when all you wanna do is cry.
pretending to love life
when you really hate it.
feeling hated by those you care
so much about it.
realising you can't do anything
feeling dead inside.
sarah wilksch's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Sad Life by sarah wilksch )
- Some poets are there, gajanan mishra
- The Gamekeeper, David Lewis Paget
- Observing Teenagers, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Promises, Saul hernandez
- Love Speaks in Silence, Paul Sebastian
- The Ideal Wife, Paul Sebastian
- Then ever it would really you are not e.., Yuri Starostin
- Judicially, hasmukh amathalal
- ACCENT, Terry Collett
- Passion, Suresh Dogra
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Late Walk, Robert Frost
- A Parody on “A Psalm of Life”, Oliver Wendell Holmes
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- The Tiger, William Blake
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- Fear No More, William Shakespeare
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)