The fragrance of the rose was beautiful and touched the senses magically,
The velvet softness of petals immersed my feelings with such intensity it almost made me cry,
And the very essence of them being around me filled me with hope,
And although helpless,
My eyes failed to witness the scene.
Drinking in the majesty, I found myself feeling like Royalty,
Whilst everything around me flew by in some frantic scene,
Whilst my senses overtook the aroma and got ahead of me,
Waiting for that next euphoria,
Raising my every feeling, and lightening my way,
Like some torch of sight
And yet, although dark, I could see it,
In my mind,
And the peace that it brought me, was overwhelming.
I sat alone amongst the fragrance,
Blissfully unaware that no-one really saw me,
Or warranted me a look,
Of pity, or otherwise sought to gain my opinion.
It did not matter, for although I could not see,
The very effervescence of it all took my breath away..
A rose by any other name, shall sharpen my senses, and make all the colours as one.
In my mind, it was relevant to the day,
And will forever stay in my mind.
It brought me joy.
Phil Soar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Rose by Phil Soar )
- The Full Moon, Vigna Mukund
- Adrenaline is my Mistress, Hayley Lewis
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.33, Monk E. Biz
- Incarnation, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Eternal creation, ramesh rai
- Lomp doch fijn besnaard 2, Madrason writer
- Treasured days..., David Lessard
- The body of my Temple lays unswept;, David McLansky
- Feral Mother, Robert Rorabeck
- An Unborn Child, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Sonnet 43: When most I wink, then do min.., William Shakespeare
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)