RIC S. BASTASA
the root of unhappiness
when the reasons for living
you will be left alone groping
for religion and sooner
you will ask
what faith is....you feel like
used and left on the sink
empty.....and you ask where have
all these reasons gone?
the mind promises you: i can invent
i can find a book of life for you
and the heart too says: i can find
you another home
there is a garden of love
somewhere where you
there is a house of pleasure
and i have a key
to its door.....
sometimes you give up
not really intent on putting a stop to light
switching off and
letting go and
just staying there for
you empty everything from a pack
and put nothing back
but you are not leaving to any place
this happens and you have no more reasons
because all of them
have left you and you are tired
creating them all again
the cause of all lies
the root of unhappiness.
RIC S. BASTASA's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (the root of unhappiness by RIC S. BASTASA )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- The Bear and the Crow, Stephen Katona
- Still exist, hasmukh amathalal
- INCONSTANT LOVE 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- HAIKU...The Good Die Young, Ken e Hall
- I Know, Lyn Paul
- Those Who Know, Monk E. Biz
- peaches on the side, Mandolyn ...
- i could have made s'mores, Mandolyn ...
- Song: State of Fear, Dave SmithWhite
- there's an element in the room, Mandolyn ...