The Right Time
You know you live your whole wonderful life,
30-40-50 years and more, with love and strife.
That is a long time to live, to be
at the right place, at the right time.
I lived good, hard, fast, slow and with care.
Fifty odd years I have now waited to be there.
In Amsterdam on the corner of Singel and Prime
Imagine what it took to be there, at that special Time
I was there at the right point, at the right time
17: 32pm I stood on the right place, X marks the spot
I parked my Neos scooter against the red brick wall
Took my Helmut off, then a big Drop of Pigeon shit did Fall
I got splattered, I mean covered completely from head to toe
Now that pigeon had to back up, position just right and let it go
So you tell me how did that pigeon get there at that time
and at that place to bomb me, really I think it's a crime.
Then again I am a very very good looking lucky Guy....
David Darbyshire's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Right Time by David Darbyshire )
- Why Do You Cry?, Harold R Hunt Sr
- read me like this, or don't read me at all, Mandolyn ...
- Love's Philosophical Potion, Lorraine Margueritte Gasrel ..
- Two Sisters, Harold R Hunt Sr
- My Bird, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Two Thumbs Up., Harold R Hunt Sr
- A basket سلة, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The pond, Harold R Hunt Sr
- All We Need Is Love, Sandra Feldman
- The train., Harold R Hunt Sr
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Percy Bysshe Shelley