The Rhythm that dances in my Heart
The beating of the Mrdanga drums
meets the rhythm that dances in my heart.
The crash of the white-crested waves
mimics the hammering of my soul.
The pelting of the tear-shaped rain drops
matches the pouring flood down my cheek.
The striking of the weathered clock tower
mixes with the painful drumming of my temple.
The lashing of the sharpest barb-tipped whip
mirrors the pain when flesh rends from bone.
so close your eyes
and listen to the pulse of your soul...
with the rhythm heating the blood in your veins...
the music drives you to sway to its heartbeat...
till you lose yourself in its enchantment...
dance lil one...
Anna Ong's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Rhythm that dances in my Heart by Anna Ong )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Salome (Rubiyat sonnet), Gert Strydom
- See everything pure, gajanan mishra
- When I hold you tightly against me, Gert Strydom
- the gramophone record, Somanathan Iyer
- the idiot box, Somanathan Iyer
- We can't live, Somanathan Iyer
- Ideals, Somanathan Iyer
- That's Racist, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- The best I could do, Somanathan Iyer
- A Confidence Born Of Grace, John deVries