The Rhythm that dances in my Heart
The beating of the Mrdanga drums
meets the rhythm that dances in my heart.
The crash of the white-crested waves
mimics the hammering of my soul.
The pelting of the tear-shaped rain drops
matches the pouring flood down my cheek.
The striking of the weathered clock tower
mixes with the painful drumming of my temple.
The lashing of the sharpest barb-tipped whip
mirrors the pain when flesh rends from bone.
so close your eyes
and listen to the pulse of your soul...
with the rhythm heating the blood in your veins...
the music drives you to sway to its heartbeat...
till you lose yourself in its enchantment...
dance lil one...
Anna Ong's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Rhythm that dances in my Heart by Anna Ong )
- A Universal Muse, Saiom Shriver
- Explanation needed, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- cliché, xxx xxx
- The Author To His Disconsolate Brother, Richard Brathwait
- God Visible In His Works, William Alexander
- An Invocation, William Alexander
- Aan Elegie On Dr. Ravis, Bishop of London, Richard Corbet
- Complaining Of His Want Of Friends, Edward Hake
- No Gold No Goodnesse, Edward Hake
- Priyo keu nei, Golam Rashid
Poem of the Day
- Unity is Strength, S.D. TIWARI
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Jabberwocky, Lewis Carroll
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1927)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns