The Rhythm that dances in my Heart
The beating of the Mrdanga drums
meets the rhythm that dances in my heart.
The crash of the white-crested waves
mimics the hammering of my soul.
The pelting of the tear-shaped rain drops
matches the pouring flood down my cheek.
The striking of the weathered clock tower
mixes with the painful drumming of my temple.
The lashing of the sharpest barb-tipped whip
mirrors the pain when flesh rends from bone.
so close your eyes
and listen to the pulse of your soul...
with the rhythm heating the blood in your veins...
the music drives you to sway to its heartbeat...
till you lose yourself in its enchantment...
dance lil one...
Anna Ong's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Rhythm that dances in my Heart by Anna Ong )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Visit from St. Nicholas, Clement Clarke Moore
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- PARLIAMENTARY TYRANNY IN NAIROBI, alexander opicho
- Christmas, Paul Sebastian
- Let us not fail, hasmukh amathalal
- Friendship, Luo Zhihai
- Ang Mulugkhw, Swrji Basumatary
- Hounds, Anuradha Bhattacharyya
- Decide and follow, hasmukh amathalal
- If luck ends, hasmukh amathalal
- Love grants, hasmukh amathalal
- Figure out, hasmukh amathalal