The Religious Path
The religious path winds in a precious way.
On it a simple gear has been proud.
If everyone masters the joys of attributes
We coast around like a shark for the waters
Of hard habits and harder prestige.
The path we endure shall be as it is in water,
O distant penguin of the snow, when do you
Seek the hermits who are me and me alone?
I have much religious wisdom to be in
Nor impenetrable jungle.
If you are so perfect, be this custom
So honoured by humans, and so stale
For the beasts who procure us.
Naveed Akram's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Religious Path by Naveed Akram )
- Puzzle of a Lovely Girl's Name!, Md. Ziaul Haque
- E- Humanity, Aamir Joyci
- In Memory of my Mother, George Pfumbi
- I Saw You Today, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Poetry Is Where You Find It IX, Frank Avon
- Touching the Dream, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Jealouty [Jealousy + Beauty], Md. Ziaul Haque
- My Ray Ban Glasses, Md. Ziaul Haque
- ] [, Md. Ziaul Haque
- The Rose and Its Thorns, Md. Ziaul Haque
Poem of the Day
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Death of the Ball Turret Gunner, Randall Jarrell
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(January 6, 1883 – April 10, 1931)