I confound watching people destroy thy majority,
Create various faith in firm conspicuous existence
Submit much proof prove their trust have sequence
And develop fiction base supernatural perfect philosophy.
The many's god live between cells broad sky,
Somewhere thought preserve sits pivot of sea,
Ideal mind Nanak and Buddha paved newfangled lee.
Lo! a part Asiatic deals multi-framed pious fly.
When close positive ravening like consideration propagate
We hold not clear convenient support pride meek,
We lose courage, feel prevailing around the reek
Must please with hand unruffle unsturdy estimate.
Period if strength drive our sagacity become weak
To fulfill purpose get shelter display extricate vivacity.
Calm deny comprehend actual state settle His authority,
Definite defy and deface certain obsolete structure leak.
God is one heartily accepted by each generation,
Immaterial, immortal, insuperable, intangible and omnipresent.
Give us lore, prosperity, vigour and eternal punishment,
What fear trial bestow name to a religion.
To confirm go days back, when life began,
Observe conduct survive they with manner had co-operation,
Not untrue link soul Jesus hold the religion,
Certified logically, craze of world-beaters, better one.
Ravindra Kumar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (The Religion by Ravindra Kumar )
- Resignation, Jeff Gangwer
- PH: Nature: Canoeing The Mississippi #7, Brian Johnston
- Why Did You, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- Lost Shores, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- "Be careful...", Jeff Gangwer
- Ten Million Colors, Jeff Gangwer
- missing you, matthew blankenship
- Never your Sun, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- Jacky Tiger, Afshan Fatima
- It Gets Better, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Home And Love, Robert William Service
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- "Hope" is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)