I confound watching people destroy thy majority,
Create various faith in firm conspicuous existence
Submit much proof prove their trust have sequence
And develop fiction base supernatural perfect philosophy.
The many's god live between cells broad sky,
Somewhere thought preserve sits pivot of sea,
Ideal mind Nanak and Buddha paved newfangled lee.
Lo! a part Asiatic deals multi-framed pious fly.
When close positive ravening like consideration propagate
We hold not clear convenient support pride meek,
We lose courage, feel prevailing around the reek
Must please with hand unruffle unsturdy estimate.
Period if strength drive our sagacity become weak
To fulfill purpose get shelter display extricate vivacity.
Calm deny comprehend actual state settle His authority,
Definite defy and deface certain obsolete structure leak.
God is one heartily accepted by each generation,
Immaterial, immortal, insuperable, intangible and omnipresent.
Give us lore, prosperity, vigour and eternal punishment,
What fear trial bestow name to a religion.
To confirm go days back, when life began,
Observe conduct survive they with manner had co-operation,
Not untrue link soul Jesus hold the religion,
Certified logically, craze of world-beaters, better one.
Ravindra Kumar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (The Religion by Ravindra Kumar )
- Building Bricks, Jude Ogunade
- A Hydro Odyssey, Patrick Czyz
- Salvation, Earth And Sadness, Tony Adah
- Perspective, Patrick Czyz
- flesh to flesh, jaquesha webb
- Make it a new day., Patrick Czyz
- A Deadly Romance, Akhtar Jawad
- Tear Stained Haiku, Patrick Czyz
- It Hurts When Your're Letting Go, Marvin Tordillos
- Where Is The Faith Kept, Lawrence S. Pertillar
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)