Carolyn Ford Witt
- * THE REFLECTION * -
As I look into the water
Reflections do I see
Reflections of the sun and sky
Reflections of the tree.
I watch as all That ripples
As I stir my hand around
Staring there into the pond
Reflections do abound.
I see the birds fly over
And I wish for more to see.
As I lean out even farther
The reflection there is me.
A reflection in the water
No earthly thing there be,
For this is where my precious Lord
Is looking in on me.
He sees me in reflection
Of this life here on earth
Just a small reflection,
And with calmness, gives me worth.
Author: Carolyn Ford Witt
Carolyn Ford Witt's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (THE REFLECTION by Carolyn Ford Witt )
- Our Leader, Narendra Kuppan
- Nothing Left, John Masaitis
- Coffee And Tea, Edward Kofi Louis
- Toys?, John Masaitis
- To Stand Up For The Truth, Edward Kofi Louis
- The Power Of Love!, Edward Kofi Louis
- It Is Quite Sad (Part 2), Ronell Warren Alman
- Bubble burst no home no trust, Nalini Chaturvedi
- You Are, Edward Kofi Louis
- Missing sky, gajanan mishra
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Power Of Music, Sukumar Ray
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe