James Bredin (1933 / Ennis Canada)
THE RED CHAMBER... DEC 28TH,2013
THE RED CHAMBER … DEC 28TH,2013
Canada has a Red Chamber full of appointees that we can’t change,
They are there until they are seventy five though this may seem strange,
Blatant ivy league welfare system that can’t be touched by us,
And as far as Canadians can remember; it was ever thus.
How these aristocrats become eligible is unknown,
That question is usually answered with a quiet groan,
It’s like binding referendums or death-with-dignity,
And no answer for forbidden questions instantly.
Most political parties are represented in this scheme,
Party members accept this so there is no need to scream,
And media moguls never make it an issue so it stays hidden,
The reason you don’t know anything, is because its forbidden.
Poet Other Poems
- A Big Black Hole... May 9th,2013
- A BINGO HALL... DEC 5TH,2013
- A BINGO HALL... FEB 21TH,2014
- A BLUE MOON... NOV 23RD,2012
- A CANADIAN DEMOCRATIC DICTATOR
- A CANADIAN ELECTION... MAY 26TH,2013
- A CANADIAN TEA PARTY
- A CONSTITUTION LIKE THE SWISS... JAN 19T...
- A Forbidden Subject
- A GIRL IN DERRY June 19th,2011
- A Group of Appoıntees
- A HUNDRED THOUSAND CANADIAN REASONS
- A National Referendum... March 1st,2014
- A Need For Binding Rederendums... Mar 20...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.