THE RED CHAMBER... DEC 28TH,2013
THE RED CHAMBER … DEC 28TH,2013
Canada has a Red Chamber full of appointees that we can’t change,
They are there until they are seventy five though this may seem strange,
Blatant ivy league welfare system that can’t be touched by us,
And as far as Canadians can remember; it was ever thus.
How these aristocrats become eligible is unknown,
That question is usually answered with a quiet groan,
It’s like binding referendums or death-with-dignity,
And no answer for forbidden questions instantly.
Most political parties are represented in this scheme,
Party members accept this so there is no need to scream,
And media moguls never make it an issue so it stays hidden,
The reason you don’t know anything, is because its forbidden.
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (THE RED CHAMBER... DEC 28TH,2013 by James Bredin )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- A Homage To The Freedom Fighters Of India, Raja Basu
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
Poem of the Day
- an i like you that way - sweetest thing .., sEaN nOrTh
- Longing, Michael P. McParland
- The Home Here And Hereafter., Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- American As Apple Pie?, carol carter
- The Final Litmus Test, michael walkerjohn
- The ascent of peace., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- no one's favorite..., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- आज आंसू बहाओ - Suffering, yashovardhan kulkarni
- I loved you more than enough.., Rene Perera
- The victory of peace and truth., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..