I went in today, to get myself a reading.
The old witch jump up and danced,
a very strange dance with know meaning.
Then she sat down in front of her crystal ball,
to give me my reading.
She said my future looked beautiful and sad,
that I would sail away,
to a beautiful island,
there I would meet the girl of my life,
and be wed.
My dreams will be short lived,
as the girl in my dreams, would have cancer,
that shortly after we wed,
my beautiful bride will be dead.
Oh, what a sad picture she painted.
So I went home and packed my bags,
but I didn't go on no long journey, like she said,
I moved across town,
and never went back for any more readings.
sammie bagley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Reading by sammie bagley )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Michael P. McParland
- Christina Georgina Rossetti
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Winter Solstice, Jacqueline C Nash
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Acquainted with the Night, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Pantry Of Thoughts, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Diagrams Of Language, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- So Tired(I Need You), Michael P. McParland
- colour of love, Prince Lartey
- Total Mystery, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- When I Die, Kelly Shanks
- Butterflies, Michael P. McParland
- Buckeye Fever Sweeping Terror Over Thier.., Michael P. McParland
- Breaking Free, Michael P. McParland
- Brand New Start, Michael P. McParland