I went in today, to get myself a reading.
The old witch jump up and danced,
a very strange dance with know meaning.
Then she sat down in front of her crystal ball,
to give me my reading.
She said my future looked beautiful and sad,
that I would sail away,
to a beautiful island,
there I would meet the girl of my life,
and be wed.
My dreams will be short lived,
as the girl in my dreams, would have cancer,
that shortly after we wed,
my beautiful bride will be dead.
Oh, what a sad picture she painted.
So I went home and packed my bags,
but I didn't go on no long journey, like she said,
I moved across town,
and never went back for any more readings.
sammie bagley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Reading by sammie bagley )
- Locution, location!, Edward Kofi Louis
- Scotland: My Love Renewed, Paul Gerard Reed
- Rosalinda, Edward Kofi Louis
- Losing Your Temper, Edward Kofi Louis
- Testing Memories, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- To Watch My Steps, Edward Kofi Louis
- Must Not Withdraw, Zulfiqar Ali Bhatti
- To blow the scent of flowers of friendsh.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Badagry, Edward Kofi Louis
- drawn to the mountain, Thomas Leathandrum
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Farewell, Anne Brontë
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Percy Bysshe Shelley