I went in today, to get myself a reading.
The old witch jump up and danced,
a very strange dance with know meaning.
Then she sat down in front of her crystal ball,
to give me my reading.
She said my future looked beautiful and sad,
that I would sail away,
to a beautiful island,
there I would meet the girl of my life,
and be wed.
My dreams will be short lived,
as the girl in my dreams, would have cancer,
that shortly after we wed,
my beautiful bride will be dead.
Oh, what a sad picture she painted.
So I went home and packed my bags,
but I didn't go on no long journey, like she said,
I moved across town,
and never went back for any more readings.
sammie bagley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Reading by sammie bagley )
- Where are you going, gajanan mishra
- Funerall Elegy XX, Francis Quarles
- Lovely, Alem Hailu Gabre Kristos
- Life, Mustapha Muinah
- Funerall Elegy XIII, Francis Quarles
- A monkey's like a ghazal in his mom's eyes, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Death Be Not Proud: A parody (with apolo.., Arindom Borah
- Funerall Elegy VII, Francis Quarles
- YOU MAKE ME RICH!, Seema joglekar
- My Wife, dee villa
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)