Man, to buy back his bond
is given two rich fields to plow,
Fertilize and sow
With the tools of his mind
And never-endingly water
With his tears
Before the least rose appears
Or the earliest ear;
One field is Eros, the other Art-
Sheds full of grain he need accrue
Flowers of differing scent and hue,
So the Magistrate may take his part
On that dread day, in that high court
As from the gallery
Angels nod approvingly
At what his labor wrought.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Ransom by Morgan Michaels )
- Qytetit tim, skender iljaz braka
- While my eyes delight at you, Melikhaya Zagagana
- Celestial String of Pearls, Harley White
- Feeling, Anne Rub.
- Lost amid his Laughter, Aftab Alam
- DIFFERENT VOICES AND SOUNDS ANYTIME AND .., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- COPLA 93 INVOCATION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- Fake Love, Anne Rub.
- DIFFERENT VOICES AND SOUNDS ANYTIME, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- DIFFERENT VOICES AND SOUNDS, MOHAMMAD SKATI