The Proximity Effect
Attempting to quantize...
So when asked,
'How are you? '
'Good.' Makes sense.
We attack this life with great velocity,
Allowing us to transpose day to day,
Despite the dynamics that come our way.
Counting each chord,
Hoping the frequency of blessings
correlates with the ability
to hear them in the first place.
Bass'd in the amplitude of love...
I say 'yes'.
Yet the closer we are,
The deeper it resonates.
The timbre of his breathe,
reaching a shallow crescendo,
creating the ambience.
The harmonic notes of his life,
Still hoping input equals output.
Until finally...Decay. Applause.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Proximity Effect by Mo Piquette )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Some soft feelings, Lalitha Narayanan
- Bonfire, Naveed Khalid
- A Friend's Promise, diana rose tolentino
- A poem-letter to my friends..., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- In the summer..., Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- Melbs, David McLean Mathews
- At Somnolence's Border, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- naam, anikesh wats
- show me how a comet showers, Mandolyn ...
- Live to Sleep, Robert Kane