The Protectorate Of Dreams
Older now, it is a summer day, he
is strutting down the street with a jacket
with a Beatles logo on the back, feeling
cool, feeling as if Janis Joplin is still alive
and Jimi Hendrix just played his guitar into
He is forgetting someone killed John Lennon
years ago for being an epiphany, for being a
stark miracle of manhood. For genius beyond
genius of words, politics and lifestyle.
His neat, new, indigo blue denim jacket.
His soul strut walk.
He lived Rock N Roll then, before
everyone grew older and gray
before Yoko heard the gun blasting
and began decades of weeping.
Romella Kitchens's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (The Protectorate Of Dreams by Romella Kitchens )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Jiske Dhun Par Duniya Nache, Kumar Vishwas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Love Note 6, Michael P. McParland
- Sending Words about Overnight in Fishing.., Luo Zhihai
- Give me 'all of you', Juwon Daniel
- Leprosy eradication., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Beyond The Dotted Lines, Asma Riaz Khan
- if I die young, Juwon Daniel
- Story of snow., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- She Wanted, Spiritwind Wood
- When love was born, Lehlohonolo Selai
- There is a Configuration of the Universe, michael walkerjohn