The Protectorate Of Dreams
Older now, it is a summer day, he
is strutting down the street with a jacket
with a Beatles logo on the back, feeling
cool, feeling as if Janis Joplin is still alive
and Jimi Hendrix just played his guitar into
He is forgetting someone killed John Lennon
years ago for being an epiphany, for being a
stark miracle of manhood. For genius beyond
genius of words, politics and lifestyle.
His neat, new, indigo blue denim jacket.
His soul strut walk.
He lived Rock N Roll then, before
everyone grew older and gray
before Yoko heard the gun blasting
and began decades of weeping.
Romella Kitchens's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (The Protectorate Of Dreams by Romella Kitchens )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Love, Tanja Bulovic
- Boxed, Barisan Chatterjee
- The Figure of a Priest, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Night and heavens, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Rattling, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Half moon, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Hand That moves round, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Round and round The nymph Danced, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Down By The Sea, Lilly Emery
- The Taxi Ride, Nick krakana