The Prankster Inside
Innocent, yet clever, a prankster was she,
a sweet little girl, with a fine pedigree.
Before first day of class, she was already scholared,
in arts of the prank, yet frequently collared;
mom’s heart filled with pride, though still had to holler.
When caught in the act, her innocence she claimed,
“I didn’t do it”, her impassion inflamed.
Then off she would go, with a smirk and a smile,
knowing full well, anew she would wile.
Alone with her thoughts, her mind would conceive,
the next misadventure and plot she would weave.
Down through the years, many pranks have transpired.
As life called her name, she did as required.
Yet, through it all, she lived life with zest,
and never allowed, her rascally to rest.
Adventures she’s had, a tireless traveler,
eventually becoming, a mystery unraveler,
digging through history, in faraway lands,
unearthing lost treasures, now buried in sand.
Proud of her, both, her mom and I say,
the prankster inside, remains to this day.
That sweet little girl, may still live within,
but look at those eyes, and mischievous grin…
Copyright © 2013 -
Topic of this poem: Daughter
GJG Elton's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (The Prankster Inside by GJG Elton )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Albert Guest
(20 August 1881 - 5 August 1959)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- For Now (Know I Miss You), Michael P. McParland
- Footsteps, Michael P. McParland
- Flowing Red River, Michael P. McParland
- Flat, Michael P. McParland
- Finally Rest, Michael P. McParland
- Finally Found Our Home, Michael P. McParland
- Fighting Together (Perseverance), Michael P. McParland
- Fields Of Flowers, Michael P. McParland
- Our Subtle Inner World*, Tushar Ray
- Feeling Your Love, Michael P. McParland