The Prankster Inside
Innocent, yet clever, a prankster was she,
a sweet little girl, with a fine pedigree.
Before first day of class, she was already scholared,
in arts of the prank, yet frequently collared;
mom’s heart filled with pride, though still had to holler.
When caught in the act, her innocence she claimed,
“I didn’t do it”, her impassion inflamed.
Then off she would go, with a smirk and a smile,
knowing full well, anew she would wile.
Alone with her thoughts, her mind would conceive,
the next misadventure and plot she would weave.
Down through the years, many pranks have transpired.
As life called her name, she did as required.
Yet, through it all, she lived life with zest,
and never allowed, her rascally to rest.
Adventures she’s had, a tireless traveler,
eventually becoming, a mystery unraveler,
digging through history, in faraway lands,
unearthing lost treasures, now buried in sand.
Proud of her, both, her mom and I say,
the prankster inside, remains to this day.
That sweet little girl, may still live within,
but look at those eyes, and mischievous grin…
Copyright © 2013 -
GJG Elton's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (The Prankster Inside by GJG Elton )
- Smoking is Injurious to Health, Aftab Alam
- While crying, let me smile, gajanan mishra
- Butterfly's Flight, Steve Kittell
- Then and Now, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Atomic Genius, Naveed Akram
- Grieving, Phil Soar
- Watering the plants, gajanan mishra
- Wait for, hasmukh amathalal
- Wings On Winter, Don Blumenthal
- Muse, Stefan Pryce
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)