The Prankster Inside
Innocent, yet clever, a prankster was she,
a sweet little girl, with a fine pedigree.
Before first day of class, she was already scholared,
in arts of the prank, yet frequently collared;
mom’s heart filled with pride, though still had to holler.
When caught in the act, her innocence she claimed,
“I didn’t do it”, her impassion inflamed.
Then off she would go, with a smirk and a smile,
knowing full well, anew she would wile.
Alone with her thoughts, her mind would conceive,
the next misadventure and plot she would weave.
Down through the years, many pranks have transpired.
As life called her name, she did as required.
Yet, through it all, she lived life with zest,
and never allowed, her rascally to rest.
Adventures she’s had, a tireless traveler,
eventually becoming, a mystery unraveler,
digging through history, in faraway lands,
unearthing lost treasures, now buried in sand.
Proud of her, both, her mom and I say,
the prankster inside, remains to this day.
That sweet little girl, may still live within,
but look at those eyes, and mischievous grin…
Copyright © 2013 -
GJG Elton's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (The Prankster Inside by GJG Elton )
- Rainy Day, Dorsey Baker
- I Am Free!, Anna Colb
- food walk, lee fones
- The Now., RAJ VIKRAM
- The technique of survival., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- A Gift Logic Can't Buy, Donal Mahoney
- Rain-A Mirror, RAJ VIKRAM
- My Hero, Electric Lady
- A Drive, Kai Wendland
- a heart full of love..., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)