The Poor Ones
Twas Jack Frost
Who held the land
In his grip of ice and snow
And the poor ones shuddered
In their shivering shacks
Not an ember to warm cold souls..
And the beast that gnawed at their empty guts
Raged on through the merciless night
Ravenous, consuming - as frost on flowers -
The poor ones had faced their last.
Last meal, so meagre.. Last fire in the hearth..
Clinging together, love, at the last.
Jinge Norvall's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Poor Ones by Jinge Norvall )
- Nightmares With No End, Lilly Emery
- The source of our pains and our sufferin.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The source of our pains and our pains an.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Comfort Of Our Dreams, David Harris
- Intellectual Designs, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Cold Night In Silence, Lilly Emery
- Knit in Infinity, Lisa Bertsch
- In Silence, Lilly Emery
- the missing truth, asma writer
- Earth tones of Arizona, David Lessard