Ace Of Black Hearts
The Poor Man Still Has A Heart
Money you can keep it.
I'd rather die hungry with my heart still beating.
When I read these dear john letters of sorts it just disgust me of their intentions.
I will steal your identity with sob story and a offer of financial gain.
All the while the poor are really the ones suffering not the criminals.
Sick depravity it is to prey upon the charity of others.
Even sicker is it to prey upon the poor pretending to be giving out the charity to steal from someone who already really has nothing.
And we wonder why the homeless choose their life.
It better have nothing, then to have to take everything and guard it with your wasted life.
In the consumer age, there will come a time when the people will no longer need the goods and services of so many.
And when it comes I'll be smiling from the heavens.
Because the so many slaves will be set free at once.
The dollar is not your vote, but your restraint.
Forever trapped in a corrupt system where the only way is out is live an impoverished existence, or cheat and steal in till there is no one left to rob,
No matter how hard you try there is no escaping this ugly distorted system.
If it is the best we can come up with, then we have failed as a society in both life and liberty.
Ace Of Black Hearts's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Poor Man Still Has A Heart by Ace Of Black Hearts )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Don't Know If History Repeats Itself, Yehuda Amichai
- school, logan dillie
- THE MOMENT (BARACK HUSSAIN OBAMA’S INAUG.., sania harris
- Limerick: There was a young person whose.., Edward Lear
- ~ His[s]tory ~, MS. NIVEDITA BAGCHI SPC. UK.
Poem of the Day
- Uncle Styopa part2 by N. Mickhalkov, Yuri Starostin
- Secret Loves, Sandra Feldman
- Structural Designs, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Winter, Sara Grace Je'tom Bradley
- Life's trash, Yisel Chong
- I Just, Michael P. McParland
- What She Is, Levi Crum
- I Am So Tired, Michael P. McParland
- Sacrafice, Levi Crum
- The Dent, Levi Crum