The Pointless Verse
Languishing at the desk under a dreadful curse,
Just take me away now in the back of a hearse!
Encumbered with rage
I put pen to page
And make mindless scribbles instead…
In a violent scrawl
Of nothing decent at all;
I describe the scene of my head.
But like a stubborn trout
The words won’t come out
And the harder one tries it only gets worse.
Until one is left with something like
This pointless little verse…
Jack Growden's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (The Pointless Verse by Jack Growden )
- Mr. Bonga and Mr. Donga, Aftab Alam
- Under The Muse Of The Truth, Edward Kofi Louis
- Fair And Square!, Edward Kofi Louis
- I Do Not Have Any Word, Neela Nath
- The Puzzle, Ravikumar C.P.
- 'O' Cloud of My Skies, Aftab Alam
- My Words And Her Words, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Ode To B.J Azang, Tony Adah
- So Many Hummingbirds, Donal Mahoney
- SENRYU (5-7-5) 12, Aftab Alam