The Poetry of Heine
She reminded me that I should go back,
And once again read the poetry of Heine.
Yet more than any one of her single remarks,
And how ernestly she had quoted from his "Buch Der Leider, "
What I remember most about our time together,
The night is very long
When winter falls upon those park benches unter den linden.
That summer days are few
Across the sparse, flat lands near the Baltic.
I have been lonely since the time she had left me.
How my sorrow mounts when I reach out,
And she no longer there for me to hold on to,
To embrace her,
To have her tight up against my shoulder once more.
STANLEY PACION's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (The Poetry of Heine by STANLEY PACION )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Death Wishes, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A Prayer For Peace, Savita Tyagi
- Unknown Qualities, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Flashback of a Comrade, Barisan Chatterjee
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -73, Ronjoy Brahma
- Do No Wrong, Terence G. Craddock
- Is poet, gajanan mishra
- It just is (Spoken word poem), Fiona McCullough
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -72, Ronjoy Brahma
- Decoys, Birgitta Heikka