Adeeb Kamal Ad-Deen
In the middle of a yellow, Blue and orange cloud
I sat and looked at the world's greenness.
As it carried me,
Crossing from a time to a time
And from an age to another.
The cloud stopped.
A beautiful sound of the pipe was heard
Like a spring in the middle of summer.
The cloud stopped.
I had a look down
So that I might see the piper.
I imagined he was my father.
But he was not
I imagined he was my son.
He was not.
Maybe it was I.
I was not.
He was nobody at all.
It was a beautiful, astonishing sound
Filling everything with pleasure and gold.
The cloud got tired.
I looked and found my father
Lying on a cloud ahead of me,
And my son riding a cloud following me.
The cloud got tired from stopping.
So, it moved quietly to the end.
But our clouds,
Started to lose their delightful colours,
And became darker and darker.
Adeeb Kamal Ad-Deen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Piper by Adeeb Kamal Ad-Deen )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- On This Issue, Edward Kofi Louis
- A Lost Friend, adrian moreno
- LIVE THE WAY JESUS LIVED, Bernedita Rosinha Pinto
- Let's Grow Old Together, Spiritwind Wood
- Love Is A Beautiful Thing II, Edward Kofi Louis
- Over The Fence, Edward Kofi Louis
- Abhi Sawera Nahi Hua Hai, Devendra Kumar Singh
- After School Days, Pijush Biswas
- It's Cognizant, Ifthekar Ifthi
- Never A Mistake~, Kamini Arichandran