Adeeb Kamal Ad-Deen
In the middle of a yellow, Blue and orange cloud
I sat and looked at the world's greenness.
As it carried me,
Crossing from a time to a time
And from an age to another.
The cloud stopped.
A beautiful sound of the pipe was heard
Like a spring in the middle of summer.
The cloud stopped.
I had a look down
So that I might see the piper.
I imagined he was my father.
But he was not
I imagined he was my son.
He was not.
Maybe it was I.
I was not.
He was nobody at all.
It was a beautiful, astonishing sound
Filling everything with pleasure and gold.
The cloud got tired.
I looked and found my father
Lying on a cloud ahead of me,
And my son riding a cloud following me.
The cloud got tired from stopping.
So, it moved quietly to the end.
But our clouds,
Started to lose their delightful colours,
And became darker and darker.
Adeeb Kamal Ad-Deen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Piper by Adeeb Kamal Ad-Deen )
- Leader, Paul Sebastian
- Gin Again, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Teardrops for flowers flow, Harold R Hunt Sr
- The witches teaparty, Harold R Hunt Sr
- The walking moon, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Dear soldior hero, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Breakfast with a ghost hero, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Classroom, ania radz
- Breakfast with a ghost, Harold R Hunt Sr
- "...away without leave", Jeff Gangwer
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)