M.D Dinesh Nair
THE PHASE OF CHANGE
The war with yesterday ends,
Soon a phase of life emerges as the victor
Therefore alone today is born..
When the war with yesterday ends!
We look forward to the notion of a compromise with today!
A galaxy of anxieties is seen around
And no binocular is required to see them
They surround a man who is just on the verge of an explosion.
A caravan of tomorrows is advancing
And it by passes him who is a pedestrian of odds.
Was his war with yesterday a heroic act?
An answer evades his territory of prudence.
After a long wait a rain shatters the land dry
And he looks through the windows of fear.
The war with yesterday ends for ever
But there is nothing else to begin.
A small stream struggles to find its way forward
As new pebbles arise from a slumber.
The war with today is in the offing-
Victors are masked as ever before!
M.D Dinesh Nair's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (THE PHASE OF CHANGE by M.D Dinesh Nair )
Did you read them?
- The founder is his movement's soul., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Rickshaw and the Puller, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Dreaming of Things While I Remain In My .., Rohit Sapra
- Facebooker, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Kidultnap, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Laugh, arshad arshad
- Puzzle of a Lovely Girl's Name!, Md. Ziaul Haque
- E- Humanity, Aamir Joyci
- In Memory of my Mother, George Pfumbi
- I Saw You Today, Md. Ziaul Haque
Poem of the Day
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Death of the Ball Turret Gunner, Randall Jarrell
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(January 6, 1883 – April 10, 1931)