The Perfect Prince
In God's own time, His Son was born,
Beyond the Palace walls,
Beyond the shepherds' fields forlorn,
Beyond the new lambs' stalls...
Below the angels praising high,
Below the stars above,
Below with Mary asking why
God blessed her with His love...
In God's own time, His Son was spared
Because Christ had to live,
Because Christ could not be compared,
Because Christ would forgive...
Before the crucifixion came,
Before men made Him bleed,
Before the saints could bless His Name
As each confessed their need...
In God's own time, His Son was raised,
Belief then quickly grew,
Belief then meant His Son was praised,
Belief helped see things through...
Between them all a faith was stirred,
Between them all such joy,
Between them all God's holy word
New wonders could employ...
You see, the perfect Prince was known,
The Christ God prophesied,
For only Jesus could atone
When He was crucified...
Two thousand years to seek God's face,
This mercy's quite sublime,
God offers us His matchless grace,
If we repent in time...
Thus Christ's crusade has surely moved
The Father's heart with pride,
Since Christ was perfect and this proved
That He could be our guide...
The Perfect Prince of Peace has lived
And died yet rose again,
Forgiveness is His perfect gift
To all imperfect men...
Denis Martindale's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Hear the word of the Lord on GOD TV,
on Sky, Virgin Media, Freeview HD, or
Roku box, or visit the website god-dot-tv
Comments about this poem (The Perfect Prince by Denis Martindale )
- Who will save me, Mustapha Muinah
- The Nigerian Politician, Joseph Ogbonna
- The lonely sun..., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- Textman, Naveed Khalid
- सिरि मोनथाम, Ronjoy Brahma
- Mother-land I weep for thee, Joseph Ogbonna
- Mother Teresa and I, SANDIP GOSWAMI
- Still Here, silenced work
- A Village Girl, Naveed Khalid
- A Song Of Harp, Naveed Khalid
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Mid-Term Break, Seamus Heaney
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- A Night Thought, William Wordsworth
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Heather Burns
(2 June 1840 – 11 January 1928)
(1886 - 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)