The pen struggles to
draft a new sentence
I gave him my imagination
to shake it
to raise it, to
throw it onto his pretty face.
To drag this old love
coarse wheel sharp glass
pieces of my memory
spread over our floor.
Then I let him bite my fingers
deeply until I shouted with tears.
Then I gave him my imagination
once, twice and again another time.
So from my pen
thistle could bleed
and the lyrics flow.
So from his heart new
words could be written.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Pen by Fatima Nusairat )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The Unbearable Loss Of Each Young Soldie.., Shalom Freedman
- Let Allah bless, hasmukh amathalal
- Get honestly, hasmukh amathalal
- In So Many Faces I Seek Love, Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Surroundings, Somanathan Iyer
- The Crowd, Tony Adah
- Amen (ए'मेन), Ronjoy Brahma
- बबि अनजालि, Bahadur Basumatary
- Witchy lady, Clara Keiper
- Birds, Tony Adah