The taste of desire is especially strong as night falls
The savor of bittersweet is now that I can’t withdraw
I long for your caress...
a touch so gentle that I once forsake
but the escape was in a name -
a name of nothing more than self disdain.
These hands are now in mine again,
and I hold onto them in repent.
Fear was too soon conjured by regrets,
but losing is a fear that I have no qualm.
Should you ever walk from my remorse,
the seeds of my sin is which I condemn...
All that I remain is a love which I use as stake,
and the hands are now dealt by fate.
It’s a one way to your heart and there is no turning back,
but still it’s a journey I am must take.
Your heart is the only place that i could rest -
a rest that comforts even in the face of death,
as my love for you is all that I have left...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Path by Eric Tang )
- Sorry-Wrong Number, Aftab Alam
- Wings Of Life, Saravanan Writer
- Gripes of. Freedom, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Jesus Of Nazareth, Naveed Khalid
- Keebored Problems, Phil Soar
- Antiques, Naveed Khalid
- Romance II, Naveed Khalid
- azoneofpoetryaartisphoenixnow, Nyein Way
- Dungeon, Naveed Khalid
- Rosicrucianism, Naveed Khalid