The taste of desire is especially strong as night falls
The savor of bittersweet is now that I can’t withdraw
I long for your caress...
a touch so gentle that I once forsake
but the escape was in a name -
a name of nothing more than self disdain.
These hands are now in mine again,
and I hold onto them in repent.
Fear was too soon conjured by regrets,
but losing is a fear that I have no qualm.
Should you ever walk from my remorse,
the seeds of my sin is which I condemn...
All that I remain is a love which I use as stake,
and the hands are now dealt by fate.
It’s a one way to your heart and there is no turning back,
but still it’s a journey I am must take.
Your heart is the only place that i could rest -
a rest that comforts even in the face of death,
as my love for you is all that I have left...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Path by Eric Tang )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- do you still remember?, MONGAMELI MAZONGOLO
- The Power Holders, ali chukwuemeka
- what is love?, MONGAMELI MAZONGOLO
- If a Garden of Numbers, Cole Swensen
- In your language, gajanan mishra
- WHO AM I?, MONGAMELI MAZONGOLO
- Is duniya se kyon hai pyar/(hindi/urdu), Aftab Alam
- The Creek Below, Dennis Lange
- Five Landscapes, Cole Swensen
- Words, renu kakkar