The taste of desire is especially strong as night falls
The savor of bittersweet is now that I can’t withdraw
I long for your caress...
a touch so gentle that I once forsake
but the escape was in a name -
a name of nothing more than self disdain.
These hands are now in mine again,
and I hold onto them in repent.
Fear was too soon conjured by regrets,
but losing is a fear that I have no qualm.
Should you ever walk from my remorse,
the seeds of my sin is which I condemn...
All that I remain is a love which I use as stake,
and the hands are now dealt by fate.
It’s a one way to your heart and there is no turning back,
but still it’s a journey I am must take.
Your heart is the only place that i could rest -
a rest that comforts even in the face of death,
as my love for you is all that I have left...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Path by Eric Tang )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 February 1970-)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Silent Noon, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Random Thought, fletcher maddern
- Still Awake 2, Michael P. McParland
- Esprit de corps, Naveed Khalid
- Escaping Home, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Enjoying Conversations, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- How Long A Breath of Moment Be...(r), Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Communicating Through Talent, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Moments Of Refreshing Writing, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- God., Th@ We N0t, sEaN nOrTh
- only Dfence against a rhythm - Boi, sEaN nOrTh