Into my eyes you look,
But you never see me,
For I am not here!
My past is controlling me.
My past with all its pain and hurt,
My past where happiness could not take apart.
Memories are trying to thrash me,
They are soaked into my blood,
Since my childhood.
Now, I am tangled;
Can not step forward, can not go back,
Can not move at all.
It must be the middle of the story,
Which already had begun.
My fear says stay hear,
But my hope shouts; run.
Each holds an end, and I still
Cannot release myself,
Of that current chain.
inas essa's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The past by inas essa )
- Shiva Neelakanta, Saiom Shriver
- Dawn, Suresh Dogra
- On white page, hasmukh amathalal
- Intoxication-An alcoholic reverie, RAJ VIKRAM
- It is really love, gajanan mishra
- Clearing Out the Closet: Five Poems Wri.., Lawrence Beck
- Rainy Day, Dorsey Baker
- I Am Free!, Anna Colb
- food walk, lee fones
- The Now., RAJ VIKRAM
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)