Into my eyes you look,
But you never see me,
For I am not here!
My past is controlling me.
My past with all its pain and hurt,
My past where happiness could not take apart.
Memories are trying to thrash me,
They are soaked into my blood,
Since my childhood.
Now, I am tangled;
Can not step forward, can not go back,
Can not move at all.
It must be the middle of the story,
Which already had begun.
My fear says stay hear,
But my hope shouts; run.
Each holds an end, and I still
Cannot release myself,
Of that current chain.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The past by inas essa )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- How to Please a Tomato, Monk E. Biz
- tell sadness to catch the next bus, Mandolyn Davidson
- GOD'S CALLING, Tom Zart
- For Scooner, about the closeness, Annie Cordelia Adams
- SEXUAL RUSH, Peter LeBuhn
- Reality, dhia abada
- Atonement, Sylvia Perry
- Cinnabar Grotto, Sylvia Perry
- Harlot, Sylvia Perry
- The Inevitable Eternity, Sylvia Perry