I sit; my eyes greedily scan the room.
I see gesticulation, animation.
Practiced predators search for prey,
Oiled by potions bought today
From stores that sell such dreams.
In the corner bathed in insecurity
Lacking guile, to fake the smile
That brings such rich reward.
For him, tonight, no body to entwine.
My nose takes in sweet perfumes
The sweetest smell cannot foretell,
What's truth and what is lie.
But covers fetid feelings, if only, for a while.
My ears sift conversations, exaggerations,
Often, pointless lies.
The absence of veracity,
No invite...No surprise.
These gatherings are home to fools, no places for the wise.
I touch the leather chair, on which I perch,
I search for signs, of innocence,
A futile quest.
All my senses scream for rest,
So, no more time will I invest.
I leave the room.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Owain Glyn's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (The Party by Owain Glyn )
- Invisible Walls, S. I. Rednow
- COPLA 108 RESOLUTION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- FALLING FEATHER, shannon strauss
- I Found Favor In A Lake, mohamed Alpha Ba
- A Direful Day, mohamed Alpha Ba
- Black Reign, Singleton M. Tate
- I Will Keep On Praying, mohamed Alpha Ba
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.18, Monk E. Biz
- I regret nothing, but I invest in what c.., Mandolyn ...
- Steve Jobs, Saiom Shriver