The palms of our hands..
The young seedling was planted in the open competitive world,
The unpredictable sun and the unkind wind are at play,
The liquid knowledge runs through the veins,
But the protecting hands are there to chase away the pain.
Each day passes in front of the observing eyes,
The mind has no other work, only the caring muse,
Runs out to shield the seedling from the cunning sun,
That wants to suck out slowly and steadily to let it to be a glum.
Years change its four season attire with multi tone desires,
The strong and healthy tree has come out from a selected seed,
That preaches the same lesson what it has learnt from,
The tired old hands: Those follow the instruction of the vision.
Every bird that sits on it feels the comfort of having the cool space,
To build the new nests for its yet to be born new offspring,
Taste the fruits of the trees, that reflect the kindness of a human,
Who has individually planted that entire seedling in the fertile womb.
What a life it is when we don’t share it with our energies!
The energy of love has to be dispersed, taxes can be evaded,
Blow as the wind to open the door of a waiting heart,
we may find a seedling to plant it in our mind.
veeraiyah subbulakshmi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The palms of our hands.. by veeraiyah subbulakshmi )
Did you read them?
- Restoring Common Sense, douglas scotney
- The Treat, Glen Eker
- A Man In Time, THEODORE MOSLEY
- Alchemists, Rocky Lizardi.Brown
- Black History Our History, THEODORE MOSLEY
- Quick Glance Of Atlanta, Rocky Lizardi.Brown
- Al-Quds' freedom حرية القدس, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Special, Rachel Nichols
- Robot, ayang jamir
- Venus Personified, Alan Bruce Thompson
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The British, Benjamin Zephaniah
- Talking Turkeys!, Benjamin Zephaniah
- Dis poetry, Benjamin Zephaniah
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- De Rong Song, Benjamin Zephaniah
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
(15 April 1958)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)