The Palace of the Sui Emperor
His Palace of Purple Spring has been taken by mist and cloud,
As he would have taken all Yangzhou to be his private domain
But for the seal of imperial jade being seized by the first Tang Emperor,
He would have bounded with his silken sails the limits of the world.
Fire-flies are gone now, have left the weathered grasses,
But still among the weeping-willows crows perch at twilight.
...If he meets, there underground, the Later Chen Emperor,
Do you think that they will mention a Song of Courtyard Flowers?
Li Shangyin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Palace of the Sui Emperor by Li Shangyin )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- <<< you do not fear i know, Abdul Wahab
- Delete nature, gajanan mishra
- She Forgot How to Cry, Cheryl Joy Amarga
- <<<, , , , , Revenge, Abdul Wahab
- <<<<<< Love - a natur.., Abdul Wahab
- <<<< charm of life, Abdul Wahab
- <<<< the prize you win, Abdul Wahab
- Rosalia Lombardo, Richard Thripp
- >>> A view through the hole of .., Abdul Wahab
- على الطبيعة, نزار قباني