The Pain Has No Feelings
Thy may, thy may skin my flesh
If thy could see me bleeding?
If thy could see my heart? you will see its cold as ice
You could keep it safe in your freezer or melt it to bleed
But I don't even feel the pain
I cannot see through these feelings- or If I am even feeling a thing.
It's just words written on my lips, and I could lie a thousand times, or keep the silence.
I am not looking for perfection, for nothing excist in my needs
This comfort, has helped me in the silence
I am awaiting, but I don't know what I am waiting for.
I am everything I am, I don't have everything I want.
I am without a lot of dreams, but I am breathing.
I want to lay here, I want to hear your voice and all your stories
I can listen to your lies for a life time!
Oh keep talking, my ears I open to your hearing,
You got inside my head, and I am brained washed.
I shed my tears, to the things I cannot have
You keep me warm, and you keep me dreaming
you are the light to my imagination
You take my breath away
Everything I do moves by you
Oh I can dream away a whole life time with you
He is my pillow, we watch the sunrise; I fly away into skies with him
He kisses my lips until I can no longer feel
Maybe I am just dreaming away
I am so numb, wake me inside!
Maybe I am so hurt about the things, I cannot have
What is so wrong with that?
Why is it so wrong without you?
If I am going under? Oh don't stop me, let me fall.
I can say goodbye, It's my favourite word
Oh baby can't you see my heart is so cold?
I cannot dream away with you.
I cannot give in this pain, for I don't feel, I don't feel a thing.
When you have been broken for so long, you have no pain.
It's just an emptiness
.... Chetty's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Pain Has No Feelings by .... Chetty )
- losing leaves, Leah Dodd
- Worthy, Galina Italyanskaya
- Often I Am Reminded, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- God Knows, Galina Italyanskaya
- 'Samantha', Mpho Tsakata
- They do as they want, Nassy Fesharaki
- Oh, Dani, Mr. Spock
- The Day Will Come, Mitta Xinindlu
- Unrequited Love, Amber Carr
- Easy It Is To Forget, Lawrence S. Pertillar
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stafford's Cabin, Edwin Arlington Robinson
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Love After Love, Derek Walcott
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)