The Pain Has No Feelings
Thy may, thy may skin my flesh
If thy could see me bleeding?
If thy could see my heart? you will see its cold as ice
You could keep it safe in your freezer or melt it to bleed
But I don't even feel the pain
I cannot see through these feelings- or If I am even feeling a thing.
It's just words written on my lips, and I could lie a thousand times, or keep the silence.
I am not looking for perfection, for nothing excist in my needs
This comfort, has helped me in the silence
I am awaiting, but I don't know what I am waiting for.
I am everything I am, I don't have everything I want.
I am without a lot of dreams, but I am breathing.
I want to lay here, I want to hear your voice and all your stories
I can listen to your lies for a life time!
Oh keep talking, my ears I open to your hearing,
You got inside my head, and I am brained washed.
I shed my tears, to the things I cannot have
You keep me warm, and you keep me dreaming
you are the light to my imagination
You take my breath away
Everything I do moves by you
Oh I can dream away a whole life time with you
He is my pillow, we watch the sunrise; I fly away into skies with him
He kisses my lips until I can no longer feel
Maybe I am just dreaming away
I am so numb, wake me inside!
Maybe I am so hurt about the things, I cannot have
What is so wrong with that?
Why is it so wrong without you?
If I am going under? Oh don't stop me, let me fall.
I can say goodbye, It's my favourite word
Oh baby can't you see my heart is so cold?
I cannot dream away with you.
I cannot give in this pain, for I don't feel, I don't feel a thing.
When you have been broken for so long, you have no pain.
It's just an emptiness
.... Chetty's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Pain Has No Feelings by .... Chetty )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Dream A World, Langston Hughes
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Let America be America Again, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- April Rain Song, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Author of space and time, yvonne stine
- I Couldn't Hold On Your Hands!, Geetha Jayakumar
- An Apple Of Love!, Geetha Jayakumar
- My Astrological Calculations Just For Fun!, Geetha Jayakumar
- Forever Love, Luo Zhihai
- Love Note 17, Michael P. McParland
- Osho, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Many Third-Classers, Bijay Kant Dubey
- As A Man, I Hate The Fanatic The Most, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Bapu, In Your Memory, Bijay Kant Dubey