The Pain Has No Feelings
Thy may, thy may skin my flesh
If thy could see me bleeding?
If thy could see my heart? you will see its cold as ice
You could keep it safe in your freezer or melt it to bleed
But I don't even feel the pain
I cannot see through these feelings- or If I am even feeling a thing.
It's just words written on my lips, and I could lie a thousand times, or keep the silence.
I am not looking for perfection, for nothing excist in my needs
This comfort, has helped me in the silence
I am awaiting, but I don't know what I am waiting for.
I am everything I am, I don't have everything I want.
I am without a lot of dreams, but I am breathing.
I want to lay here, I want to hear your voice and all your stories
I can listen to your lies for a life time!
Oh keep talking, my ears I open to your hearing,
You got inside my head, and I am brained washed.
I shed my tears, to the things I cannot have
You keep me warm, and you keep me dreaming
you are the light to my imagination
You take my breath away
Everything I do moves by you
Oh I can dream away a whole life time with you
He is my pillow, we watch the sunrise; I fly away into skies with him
He kisses my lips until I can no longer feel
Maybe I am just dreaming away
I am so numb, wake me inside!
Maybe I am so hurt about the things, I cannot have
What is so wrong with that?
Why is it so wrong without you?
If I am going under? Oh don't stop me, let me fall.
I can say goodbye, It's my favourite word
Oh baby can't you see my heart is so cold?
I cannot dream away with you.
I cannot give in this pain, for I don't feel, I don't feel a thing.
When you have been broken for so long, you have no pain.
It's just an emptiness
.... Chetty's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Pain Has No Feelings by .... Chetty )
- Much Love, Michael McParland
- Soothing Innermost Sadness, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A Good Heart Needs No Book Smarts, Curtlan Popo
- Allowing Sweetened Romance, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Wonder, shafeeqrahman rahman
- Disguised, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Shuffling, ramesh rai
- Clouds., Harold R Hunt Sr
- The whooper, Harold R Hunt Sr
- The flood., Harold R Hunt Sr
Poem of the Day
- The Rider, Naomi Shihab Nye
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Naomi Shihab Nye
(12 March 1952)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(18 November 1939)