The Pacifist Inside
I am right and you are wrong,
These words have sung our song,
Arguments that begin a war,
Sent young men fighting afar,
To a place they don’t belong.
Power in who’s wrong or right,
Along with status and of might,
Sipping of the vintage wine,
Servants serve, dinner on time,
But never the ones to fight.
Always been the same old way,
From Cain and Able until today,
Conflict breeds in human beings,
Stirring up, emotional feelings,
Soon becoming, each others prey.
Wars between the nations,
Hatred among relations,
Endless list, results foretold,
Many colored banners to uphold,
Convoluted in confrontations.
Laying silent in the graveyards,
The government’s kind regards,
Given a chance to do over again,
Choose life or death in vain,
Name on stone, in time, discards.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (The Pacifist Inside by G.R. Gaus )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- The ruling of the king without proper go.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- The emptiness at the end of the sea, Tony French
- The Stripper, Phil Soar
- From here on in, Tony French
- No Need..., Mallika Achuthan Menon
- Driving Without Wings, Richard Allen Beevor
- AMONG THE RUINED INFRASTRUCTURE بين البن.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The Girl I Love, Phil Soar
- I've Found Love At last, Masereka Amos
- FOR A FATHER AND SON, Phil Soar