The Only Truth That Matters
Shy, uncertain with plenty of fears,
In your special eyes I became worthwhile,
That made me really smile,
With your complete presence,
Of a distinguished business man,
Eccentric, highly strung,
You made my mind stretch,
With your vigorous conversations,
That was an exercise in stimulating sensations,
You were an unsolved temptation.
You guided me from my lonely silence,
Protected by a very large fence,
That kept me out of sight,
You encouraged me to write,
'There is so much depth inside of you
Because of past times when you wept'
We danced with electricity that sparked,
With magnetic proportions,
That left us beautifully marked,
Like sailing in tranquil, blue seas and clear skies,
With the truth that had wiped out the lies.
Your greying hair, spectacled eyes,
You had your own heartache with hidden sighs,
You talked and I listened that was our roles,
I drew inspiration from your open minded chatter,
With magic striking our hearts core,
The only truth that matters.
Our longings was always satisfied,
With our emotions so tightly tied.
When I became too serious over you,
Your love departed,
Flaws became apparent, when it came to responsibility,
You had no agility,
You left a deep footprint on my younger years,
With no more tears,
Just stronger wings to fly with the wind as my roots,
Of dignity, hope and truth,
To soar with pride to unknown skies,
Even though you made me say goodbye!
Hazel Durham's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Only Truth That Matters by Hazel Durham )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
Did you read them?
- The Mermaid Predictions, The Future Of S.., mary douglas
- Call the coastguard there's a galley sla.., Mark Heathcote
- My English Sucks ….. [ENGLISH ('poo.., Bri Edwards
- The Fairytale Stories Will Emerge, mary douglas
- Someday On The Page Where The Monsters A.., mary douglas
- My True Friends And Readers, Lilly Emery
- Two Hearts As One, Noah Body
- The Dolls Have Preceded Us All, mary douglas
- Awaken Sleepy One, Shanika marini Paul
- It Broke My Heart To Leave You, Elia Michael