The One Who Kept Me Company
I'm unable to enjoy a day as today.
It's always been away;
A failure to attain the void
In the mind's pathways.
As Time passed, I became
The same as those insane—
Wishing that miracles would change
Life's undoubtedly cruel games.
Happiness—we're both going down.
It was Sadness who stayed
When you were not around.
I'm staring at these lights of the town,
Wondering of those who played
With you, as I drowned.
Edwin Cordero's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The One Who Kept Me Company by Edwin Cordero )
- Eternity I, Naveed Khalid
- The Reign of Life, Patrick Czyz
- On The Rosy Cross, Naveed Khalid
- Survival, Patrick Czyz
- Title Of A Poem, Naveed Khalid
- मेरे रब मेरे ही होना!, Aftab Alam
- On Valentine, Naveed Khalid
- The Ghost and the Darkness, Ima Ryma
- Bermuda's Triangle, Naveed Khalid
- खुद के साये से भी डरने लगा हूँ, Aftab Alam