The Old Dog.
Over the dark blues sea
and on to foreign land
not knowing what the new world will bring
as i leave this pleasant land
poeple crying all around
fear and happiness will spead to this new town
one day we hope to return
to that green and pleasant land.
Leaving the old dog behind
while on this old river boat
the future looks dark ahead
as we eat our daily bread
on to new land we sing
what will the new sun bring
hope and dreams for some
while others drink in their slumb.
We leave the green hills behind
we hope to return one day
we drink to great past gone
and drink to the shit thats yet to come
i hope to see that pleasant land shine once more
and take my sons over the dark blue sea with thee
i hope its as pleasant as i left it
when i return to that pleasant shore
i'll see that old dog again
and stand on the hills once more.
Steven Harris's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Old Dog. by Steven Harris )
- A Bare Night, Tony Adah
- That Special Feeling, Bill Cantrell
- The Pit Among Dreams, Lilly Emery
- Vietnam ~ Part 2, Sara Fielder
- Time, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- The Search For Peace, david kush
- Without It Questioned, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Bane of Attraction, Anthony Edmond John
- Wandersong, Neil Kennett
- Open Me Up, I'm Present, Luva Boy