The Nile's Surge
Will the Nile's surge, of happy winds -
Reach Indus, and the desert's dwellers
Suckling their wells dry, leave -
Will those who had dined together at night
In the auspices of holiness, kissing each others'
Cheeks pale, will the pulpits be lifted away.
Will the fears fade,
Will I ever understand my prayer?
Sadiqullah Khan's Other Poems
Topic(s): love and art
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (The Nile's Surge by Sadiqullah Khan )
- Something still present, Tadasha Tripathy
- Cycling in Flanders 2, Stratis Havarti
- A study in what not to do, Christopher Withers
- Critical Thinking, Nassy Fesharaki
- LIKE AN ASTEROID, Satish Verma
- Stay as unit, hasmukh amathalal
- I shall change, hasmukh amathalal
- Egg, Olufayo Ezekiel
- The grass, gajanan mishra
- But we are one, gajanan mishra