The Night Of The Vanity Slave
As I dive head first into my pool of depression
Feeling all this vanity add compression
Locking out everyone that might give a shit
No one really does, they're just too selfish to admit
I attend all lavish parties, and accept all the expensive gifts
Then go home to a parent less house and slice my wris
I really wish people wouldn't say they would love to be me,
While I dream about the possibility of me drowning out at sea
My trust fund has ruined me.. ME!
Trips to Paris, simply to try their weed
Vanity Slave, Ill accept
Demonic wishes intercept.
This Rolex watch I wear to high school
Is nothing compared to the Louis Vuitton knapsack I had in preschool
But I have no premature memory of happiness
Do you see my source of sadness…. Please let me know
I would give this all up simply to be happy, i swear.
Well Thank you for the open ear.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
I am not a poet, I'm depressed. Not much difference.
- Sherice the Vanity Slave
P.S I am not a poet, I'm depressed. Not much difference.
Comments about this poem (The Night Of The Vanity Slave by Sherice RoseGreen )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Right or wrong!, Mark Heathcote
- Graveyard, Dr PJ Raj Kamal
- Symphony of Discords By K.V.Suryanarayan.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Our Roads, Somanathan Iyer
- It's Not Just Rain, Daniel Skentelbery
- The Day After I Shouted Abuse at the Queen, Daniel Skentelbery
- Name-Calling, Diane Hine
- A pan fried fish…?, Mark Heathcote
- The Persecuted, Sandra Feldman
- wedding day, ademola oluwabusayo