The Night Of The Vanity Slave
As I dive head first into my pool of depression
Feeling all this vanity add compression
Locking out everyone that might give a shit
No one really does, they're just too selfish to admit
I attend all lavish parties, and accept all the expensive gifts
Then go home to a parent less house and slice my wris
I really wish people wouldn't say they would love to be me,
While I dream about the possibility of me drowning out at sea
My trust fund has ruined me.. ME!
Trips to Paris, simply to try their weed
Vanity Slave, Ill accept
Demonic wishes intercept.
This Rolex watch I wear to high school
Is nothing compared to the Louis Vuitton knapsack I had in preschool
But I have no premature memory of happiness
Do you see my source of sadness…. Please let me know
I would give this all up simply to be happy, i swear.
Well Thank you for the open ear.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
I am not a poet, I'm depressed. Not much difference.
- Sherice the Vanity Slave
P.S I am not a poet, I'm depressed. Not much difference.
Comments about this poem (The Night Of The Vanity Slave by Sherice RoseGreen )
- The All-knowing God, Dr John Celes
- if i were a day, i'd say, Mandolyn ...
- In bed, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The real moments of truth anytime لحظات .., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- to the one who reads me every day on pur.., Mandolyn ...
- WE POOR VICTIMs, Enoch Owusu Gyamfi
- Weekend thrill., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Just Before Dawn, Tosin Abegunde
- School., Harold R Hunt Sr
- One's greed leads to one's ugly and gree.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- "Hope" is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)