The Night Of The Vanity Slave
As I dive head first into my pool of depression
Feeling all this vanity add compression
Locking out everyone that might give a shit
No one really does, they're just too selfish to admit
I attend all lavish parties, and accept all the expensive gifts
Then go home to a parent less house and slice my wris
I really wish people wouldn't say they would love to be me,
While I dream about the possibility of me drowning out at sea
My trust fund has ruined me.. ME!
Trips to Paris, simply to try their weed
Vanity Slave, Ill accept
Demonic wishes intercept.
This Rolex watch I wear to high school
Is nothing compared to the Louis Vuitton knapsack I had in preschool
But I have no premature memory of happiness
Do you see my source of sadness…. Please let me know
I would give this all up simply to be happy, i swear.
Well Thank you for the open ear.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
I am not a poet, I'm depressed. Not much difference.
- Sherice the Vanity Slave
P.S I am not a poet, I'm depressed. Not much difference.
Comments about this poem (The Night Of The Vanity Slave by Sherice RoseGreen )
- Baat toh itni si…., Priyanka Nayak
- Missing You, Priyanka Nayak
- On The Death Of Ella Fitzgerald, Shalom Freedman
- It's All Fare in Love, Akhtar Jawad
- Blissful Atmosphere, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Going beyond death, see me, gajanan mishra
- Total Anticipation, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- opganda.com ≡오피뷰≡ 허니버터칩 '수원휴게텔대박'…'동탄휴게텔.., bkgfkvbkgfkv bkgfkv
- opganda.com ≡오피뷰≡ 허니버터칩 '강남오피대박'…'동탄휴게텔'.., bkgfkvbkgfkv bkgfkv
- Being with you means a lot!, Sumita Jetley
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(22 March 1941 -)