The Night Follows The Day
I wanted one day for the sun to stay,
As if this funny star owned the light of the heavens
Like a lantern of the vast dungeon.
One house believed in fast work,
Another forbade the mysteries,
And the other forced a silent eerie air.
I never saw the sun as a round partner,
The day it spins from itself is thin,
The night that follows directly is sinful,
For the lantern of the deep is sitting once more.
Instead of the path that quakes,
There is a linearity, a straight creepy roadway.
I saw the stars at night one time,
The nearest were brave for being there,
Once the nights ate and drank their fill,
Living a life of blood and damage
That they avoided before their stay
In the sky so mournful of everyone.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Night Follows The Day by Naveed Akram )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- and then the night swallows her includin.., RIC S. BASTASA
- Cupid Pari, binod bastola
- my eye has a patch on the inside, Mandolyn ...
- Final Moment, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- to always be the self amidst these cacop.., RIC S. BASTASA
- what should be forgotten next, RIC S. BASTASA
- feelings creep like vines on a trellis, RIC S. BASTASA
- Tears Of Loss, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- I Laid Down My Sword, Captain Cur
- Minds, RoseAnn V. Shawiak